The Nurtured Heart Approach®
The Nurtured Heart Approach is a set of strategies for building rich relationships, especially with children, based on cultivating "what's right" and seeing one another's "Greatness." Used in hundreds of thousands of homes, schools, work places, and communities world-wide, NHA builds "Inner Wealth" so that one is self-empowered to make great choices that lead to success.
Now in its 20th year, the Nurtured Heart Approach®, created by Howard Glasser, Psychologist and Executive Director of the Children’s Success Foundation, has achieved international acclaim as an essential set of strategies for transforming the most intense children (and all children) by channeling their energies in inspiring ways – without the use of medication.
The approach began as a method for treating children labeled as challenging, difficult, or intense, especially those with diagnoses such as ADHD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), Autism, PTSD, Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD), Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and more. The approach is now used successfully in schools, foster-care systems, and communities worldwide to help all children flourish.
Nurtured Heart Wisdom
- Understand the unique dynamics of the challenging child
- Learn the therapeutic stances of NHA and why they work
- Master techniques for energizing success that reach deeply into the child’s heart
- Create rules and consequences, and set the stage for limits to have great impact
- Extend the Nurtured Heart Approach to promote all children flourishing
Benefits of the Nurtured Heart Appraoch
- Be able to shift a challenging child to using his or her intensity in successful ways, even if the child is diagnosed with ADHD, oppositional defiance disorder, or is difficult in other ways.
- Be able to use strategies to avoid the traps of accidentally rewarding negativity while upholding a perfect level of accountability for the child.
- Learn how to help the non-challenging child to feel a deeper sense of success and greatness.
About Howard Glasser the Executive Director of Children’s Success Foundation & creator of the Nurtured Heart Approach®
- Howard has been a featured guest on CNN and a consultant for 48 Hours. He currently teaches the Nurtured Heart Approach® through live presentations worldwide. He has consulted for numerous psychiatric, judicial and educational programs. Although he has done extensive doctoral work in the fields of Clinical Psychology and Educational Leadership, he feels his own years as a difficult child contributed the most to his understanding of the needs of challenging children and to the success of his approach which is based on aligning the energies of relationship. Howard has been called one of the most influential living persons working to prevent children from relying on psychiatric medications. His work also supports many children in developing the inner strength to resist addictive substances.
- In this 20-minute video, Howard Glasser and expert parents and professionals introduce you to the benefits of the approach and the success it’s having in homes, schools, and child-advocacy agencies around the world.